Thursday, November 28, 2013

Count Your Many Blessings

One of the hymns I grew up with was "Count Your Many Blessings".  And, since this is the Thanksgiving season, I think I will attempt this feat, in no particular order:

  1. Being a part of God's creation
  2. Knowing the creator
  3. Jesus
  4. Having a wonderful life partner
  5. My son
  6. My daughter
  7. My son's fiancee
  8. Being a part of Kitsap Lake Baptist Church
  9. Having the opportunity to be a Bible teacher
  10. Being a part of the Olympic Baptist Association
  11. Being retired
  12. Having a retirement income that lets me enjoy life
  13. My house
  14. My gardens
  15. My home - combination of #4 & #13, although mostly #4
  16. The Olympic Mountains
  17. The Pacific Crest Trail
  18. Backpacking
  19. Running
  20. Generally good health
  21. Senior discounts
  22. Friends
  23. The United States
  24. Washington (the state)
  25. The view out my front window
  26. All the electronics in my life (laptop, phone, kindle, TV, etc)
  27. The internet, Facebook and other ways to keep in touch
  28. Blogging
  29. The Bible
  30. National Geographic
  31. Football (Seahawks)
  32. Good food
  33. Iced tea
  34. Science, especially cosmology
  35. Our military, police & fire crews
  36. Hammocks
  37. Wild animals in the woods
  38. My mother-in-law
  39. Rain, snow and sunshine
  40. Parents and grand-parents, long gone but not forgotten
  41. Music
  42. Quiet times
  43. Sleep
  44. Being warm and dry on cold, wet days
  45. A dependable car and truck
  46. Health care
  47. J. R. R. Tolkien, for feeding my imagination
  48. Patrick McManus, for making me laugh
  49. C. S. Lewis, for making me think
  50. You, for making it all the way through this list.
There are so many things in my life to be thankful for, blessings both small and great.  I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment