Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years 2013

As 2012 draws to a close, and 2013 dawns, it is a good time to take stock of the past year and look forward to the coming one. Of course there is nothing magical about the transition from one year to another; it is after all an arbitrary point selected for convenience rather than one with any real significance. But it is a good time for reflection none-the-less.

My Christmas letter last week has already recounted the highlights of the past year for me, so I will not repeat them here. It was, in many ways, a good year, although when I look back at it, it seems not to have been one where I made much of a difference in the world at large, or in the Kingdom of God. I do indeed enjoy my life; but maybe that is a part of the problem: I am comfortable and growing stagnant. Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 5:17 have been speaking to me as this new year approaches.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV 
It's time to get a little uncomfortable and stretch a bit.  It's past time to get off the sidelines and to make a difference in the kingdom.  It's time to quit living in the past and look to the future.  It's time to become more disciplined and quit wasting so much time.  It's time to be a new creature!  I am looking forward to this new year and the opportunities that it holds.  Will you join with me in making the most of every opportunity?

No comments:

Post a Comment