Friday, November 5, 2010

Treasure in a Clay Jar

2 Corinthians 4:5-11 provides the basis for the title of this blog. I am a simple clay jar, nothing special or extra-ordinary about me. Yet God has put within that clay jar a treasure. That treasure is "the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ". I don't pretend to understand all that Paul meant by this expression. But for me it includes God's active indwelling presence, a treasure that is greater by far than anything this world might have to offer.

I am weak and fragile, but he is strong. It is unfortunate that I insist in getting in his way so much of the time. There is a part of me that would love nothing more than to be in complete surrender to the one who knows me best and has the best in mind for me. But there is another, oftentimes stronger, part of me that is frightened of giving up control over my life. This blog will chronicle the journey of one clay jar seeking to be used by its creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment