Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving morning and as I set here this morning on a cold snowy day, I have much to be thankful for. It is good to take the time periodically to recognize those things rather than just take them for granted like I so often do.  I am thankful for:



  • a God who cares about me and has a purpose for my life.
  • an opportunity to serve Him within a local church and within our Association.
  • a wife who loves me and takes care of me, making our house into a home.
  • a pair of children who have grown up to be responsible adults and are serving their country in the military.
  • a home that is a comfortable and enjoyable place to live.
  • being generally healthy and able to be physically active.
  • having an abundance of stuff and not having to worry about how the bills will be paid.
  • a retirement and a part time job that lets me work on my schedule.
  • the legacy of my parents the my upbringing.
  • friends that I can share my life with.
  • living in a country that allows me the opportunities this one does, including the opportunity to worship God freely.
Thanks to all of you who make my life what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment